In today’s world, full of pollutants, the water that we drink, bathe with, and use in our homes has so many contaminants that keeping it safe has become a necessity.
At Henco Plumbing Services, we offer water filtration system installation, which provides cleaner and better-tasting water for you and your family.
From under sink filters in kitchens to comprehensive whole-house systems, our experts will help you to pick the perfect solutions that apply to your home and lifestyle.
Struggling with hard water? We also offer water softener installation.
Benefits of a Whole House Water Filtration System
Whole-house water filtration systems come in various types, each with their benefits.
If you’re looking for a whole home water filtration system, there's plenty to choose from on the market. They include:
- Charcoal Filters: Widely-used and affordable.
- Water Distillers: Use energy to eliminate bacteria such as Cryptosporidium and other contaminants.
- Sedimentation Filters: Reduce sedimentation in well water.
- Alkaline Water Ionizers: Add a milli-volt charge to water and purify mineral contaminants by shifting the pH of the water.
- Catalytic Water Filters: Use resin bead coatings to target specific toxins in the water.
- Reverse Osmosis Systems: Remove Cryptosporidium and other contaminants, creating bottled-quality drinking water.
- Infrared Water Filters: Passively reshape water structure, hence purifying it.
- Ultraviolet Water Filters: Use a bulb to destroy germs in your water.
- Magnetic Water Filters: Reshape minerals present in water using magnets, cleaning the water.
The benefits of using these home water filtration systems to refine your water supply include:
- Better tasting water.
- Less wear on your home piping system.
- Extended lifespans on many appliances.
- Reduced contaminants in drinking water.
- Elimination of chlorine taste, foul odor, cloudy water, and white scale in your home water supply.
What Maintenance Do Water Filtration Systems Need?
Water filtration systems, like any other equipment, need routine maintenance and servicing to function optimally. At Henco Plumbing Services, we recommend and carry out regular servicing to include:
- Periodic replacement of dirty carbon filters.
- Servicing water pressure pumps.
- Cleaning membranes on reverse osmosis systems.
- Replacing bulbs on ultraviolet water filters.
- Cleaning the various components present in the water distiller.
Learn what others are saying about us. Check out the latest reviews on our whole house water filtration services.
What Are Some Common Problems With Water Filtration Systems
Home water filtration systems come with various challenges, which regular maintenance can help to mitigate. These include:
- Forgetting to change the carbon filters can cause the system to stop working.
- Water distillation systems may experience less frequent problems, but they typically take longer to work.
- The pump on reverse osmosis systems can develop issues leading to reduced water pressure and the need for repair.